View Single Post

January 7th, 2012, 20:02
I second GhanBuriGhan's comment about Carcassonne. It's the best 2-player game I have played. If you do grab it, grab the Wheel of Fortune edition. If you do not like the WoF board you can just put it away.

I would start with the expansions; Inns & Cathedrals and Traders & Builders. I also like the miniexpansion Cult, Siege and Creativity if you can get your hands on it.

The mini expansion The River II makes starting the game a bit smoother. There are two versions (The River and The River II) and the second is an improved version, although both can be used in one game I would at least grab II.

Abbey & Mayor and Bridges, Castles, and Bazaars contains more advanced options but retain the basic gameplay. Grab them if you have learned the game and liked it. They are recommended.

The Tower brings in competitive play to the game, so does the mini expansion The Count. I would wait for these until you have a grasp of the basic game as they can have a strong impact on gameplay which you may or may not like.

Personally I found the Princess & the Dragon to be annoying. Catapult is awful

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM