View Single Post

January 12th, 2012, 14:39
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Stat tomes give a permanent boost to your stats. They occasionally pop up as quest loot, magically show up on the auction house all the damn time (my conspiracy theory, particularly given the way any bid is countered within minutes, is that Turbine is putting a lot of those tomes up for auction as a method of pulling plat out of circulation), or can be purchased with turbine points (real money).
You can also get some by trading in a few Purified Eberron Shards (?) in the Crafting Hall at one of the two merchants there. 4 shards for a +1 tome and 9 shards for a +2 tome, I think. If I remember correctly.

I think that this is the source of these tomes showing up at the auction house : People buy +2 ones instead of +1 ones and sell the "lesser ones" instead. That's my theory.

Right now, there is a discount on these tomes going on. In the DDO shop, that is. I don't know how long it lasts.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Purified_Ebe…shard_Fragment

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR