View Single Post

January 15th, 2012, 20:07
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Regarding Risen, I just got my first set of proper armor (Sweet!!). It was well worth the wait, it's damn nice armor. I love that it took me that long just to get armor. Most games throw that stuff at you left and right. It's cool to see a different approach for once. That is just one of the reasons why Risen (and I guess all PB games?) is very unique. Armor as a status symbol indeed. Risen rocks.
Yes, it's like that in all of their previous games. Although it needs to be said that it is part feature and part necessity . They are a small team and they have always had to work with a rather tight budget so even if they would have wanted to, they could not have afforded to have much of a variety in armor types. So they have only about three (low/mid/high level) armor types per faction and the armor is always a full suit instead of individual set pieces.

This is one of the things that is going to change in Risen 2. In Risen 2 we'll be getting equipment slots like in most other RPGs and there will be a lot more variety in the pieces of armor that you can wear.

Moriendor

Spielkind