View Single Post

January 17th, 2012, 16:07
I never really got into Div 2. Try as I might (and I tried both Div 2: ED and DKS), it just did not ever go from an OK game to a great game for me. There were many places where I felt there was a lot of promise in Div 2, but in the end I got tired of the combat (both melee and ranged) which I just didn't like much at all and the magic combat wasn't that much better either. And as there is so much combat in Div 2, I didn't have the willpower to trudge along despite the irritation and despite the many RPG fan "endorsements". All I can do is wonder, how so many of you really, really like Div 2 so much, when to me it is just OK. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Maybe someday I'll muster up some more mental fortitude and continue where I left (at the beginning of the second major area, right after defeating the big bad in Maxos Tower, IIRC) and give Div 2 yet one more chance to "blow me away with its awesomeness", but I doubt I'll do that anytime soon - too many games I actually like on my play list as it is.

Anyhow, regardless of my feelings toward Div 2, I'm still looking forward to the next big RPG from Larian. They did DivDiv, after all, and I love DivDiv.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23