View Single Post

January 18th, 2012, 09:59
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I don't have that issue, and my rig is not state of the art anymore (though it's still rather solid). I've seen tons of complaints though, without any specific pattern in terms of hardware.

Anyway, when I refer to PvP I mean it boils down to Warzones = Battlegrounds. There are PvP related activities in both games beyond the Warzones/BGs, but very little incentive to do it.
It's not that the game is unplayable in WZs - and it's not that you can't get smooth framerates during combat.

It's that, say, during Huttball when you have 10 people standing around you - the performance drops and you get a game that doesn't seem to respond very well.

I still get ~20 FPS during hectic combat (But I have a 6990 card) - but coupled with the poor responsiveness - the game is almost unplayable as a melee character. If you're a ranged character, especially with a lot of channelled abilities you don't really notice it.

It's not a bug, glitch, or hardware specific. It's the engine. I'm absolutely certain of it.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential