View Single Post

January 19th, 2012, 12:32
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I never said I wanted people to stop listening if they actually want to - as I already clarified. I said I WISH they didn't. Clearly, they do - and as such they should.

I know that's a troublesome logical distinction for you, but it's there all the same.
Wish vs want is a formality more than anything else, usually based on the context of the word. Whether you want people to stop listening to him or wish people to stop listening to him makes very little difference: Both terms clearly show what you desire, what you consider the best course of action. Wishing for it is simply more polite, but it's not something to hide behind.

Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Also, you just stated he's as good as it gets for characters and C&C - and you stated it as a fact - not an opinion.

Obviously, it's just your opinion - and I'm not irrational enough to be bothered by those who don't agree with me.

It's just a clear demonstration of your own failure to live up to your own standards.
He's among the best when it comes to characters and C&C, of that there is very little doubt, just like there's very little doubt both Messi and Ronaldo are among the best football players on the planet. It's subjective to a point, but still a widely known fact because it's hard to find anyone better - at least someone who's so much better you'd have a solid argument.

I can think of people in the same league as MCA, that are also among the best, but someone who's so much better they're not even on the same level? No, I really don't think such a person works in the gaming industry today.

If you happen to know of someone, I'm more than willing to withdraw my statement. Until someone can bring an actual name to the table though, I'll stand by what I said.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander