View Single Post

January 19th, 2012, 12:40
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Wish vs want is a formality more than anything else, usually based on the context of the word. Whether you want people to stop listening to him or wish people to stop listening to him makes very little difference: Both terms clearly show what you desire, what you consider the best course of action. Wishing for it is simply more polite, but it's not something to hide behind.
So, you're confirming that you don't think it's appropriate for me to have an opinion of what's best for the genre - and I certainly shouldn't speak openly about what I like and don't like - and what I wish would happen. I'm now "hiding" behind a clear logical distinction.

That's impressive stuff, May.

He's among the best when it comes to characters and C&C, of that there is very little doubt, just like there's very little doubt both Messi and Ronaldo are among the best football players on the planet. It's subjective to a point, but still a widely known fact because it's hard to find anyone better - at least someone who's so much better you'd have a solid argument.
Yeah, because there's a "score" to determine who wins when writing or designing, right?

I can think of people in the same league as MCA, that are also among the best, but someone who's so much better they're not even on the same level? No, I really don't think such a person works in the gaming industry today.
Good for you, and I respect your right to hold that opinion.

If you happen to know of someone, I'm more than willing to withdraw my statement. Until someone can bring an actual name to the table though, I'll stand by what I said.
Why would I want to interfere or change your opinion here? You apparently like what he's been involved with lately.

I don't though.

For the record, I have nothing against him as a designer - because I don't actually know exactly what he's done. Just being a designer/writer can mean a hell of a lot of things. I think his work on Torment is the best documented stuff - and I didn't really care for that. Not my style of writing/designing.

I can only see the end result of his involvement - and he's been "lead" on several games.

As I said, originally, if the lessons he's learned are what has brought him to develop what he's developing - I wish people would stop paying attention - because those lessons aren't good for the genre.

That's my own personal subjective opinion that I feel 100% appropriate to speak about.

If you can't handle that, that's your problem.

We're done here.
Last edited by DArtagnan; January 19th, 2012 at 12:52.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential