View Single Post

January 21st, 2012, 03:24
Originally Posted by chamr View Post
What's with all the flip-flopping on key design decisions so late in the game? This isn't just tweaking and polishing, it smacks of something more foreboding, like design leadership that don't have a clear vision of what the hell they’re doing.

As a prime example, they've been working on this for how long, stating that being forced back to town is bad and disruptive so they're going to design in these great streamlining features (which were great, btw) to allow you to deal with junk-loot efficiently and now all of the sudden forcing you back to town is in your best interests? But wait! That’s not all! While we are at it flip-flopping, we'll flip mid flop and say you don't have to go back to town to identify items anymore because you're just that bad ass!

:-|

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Yeah a lot of these changes sound stupid. Having to wait a few seconds without being interrupted to town portal is a good change. TPing in the middle of a fight was similar to quaffing a bunch of potions at once. Going back to town to sell off gear was always annoying in the other games. There was never anything interesting about the NPCs. There isn't any in the D3 beta.

Salvaging items on the go, I thought was great. What bugs me about the game is how they've limited the skills you can have access to, made all skills based on weapon damage, and pretty much made character building not look interesting at all. It just looks so shallow. That's what is going to make the game suck, I think.

It sounds like they are just listening to a bunch of nostalgic fans that think they want the same game instead of a better game. I bet they will be complaining about the removal of identify scrolls next. I don't really agree with that change but there are worse things in the game to complain about.

Grimlorn

Watchdog