View Single Post

January 21st, 2012, 10:53
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
I found those statistics very interesting. According to Steam it took me 84 hours to complete the DKS, both Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance, though the latter was a lot shorter. My interest started waning in the middle of the second part of Ego Draconis. I found the flying fortresses tedious and repetitious, and I think they could have left out some of those - the game could have been 20-30 hours shorter and I would have enjoyed it just as much. The other alternative would have been to make them more diverse since there wasn't a whole lot of variety between them.
I'm not sure how many hours it took me to complete DKS (I played the retail version), but it didn't seem that long. I'm guessing around 65 hours, although it could have been more. I finished every side quest and cleared every fortress.

I agree that the flying fortresses were tedious in some parts, but I think it's important to point out that those sections were entirely optional.

I also never got why some people hated the dragon sections so much. I thought they were an interesting diversion, and they only made up about 5-10% of the total gameplay.

JDR13

SasqWatch