Thread: Pricewatch!
View Single Post

January 25th, 2012, 13:47
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
The new issue of the German magazine "PC Games" comes with "King's Bounty : Armored Princess" + "Crossworlds" !

Besides : Is it common in other countries to have full games on magazine discs as well ? I'm just curious …
Not in Sweden, at least not from what I've seen. You sometimes get movies with magazines, but I can't remember ever seeing a free game (not counting that mistake that PC-gamer did back in 2001 or 2002, when a time limited version of Startopia turned out to be not so time limited with just a little bit of tweaking, or freeware, which they at least used to give us in order to be able to write "Free games" on the cover of the magazine).

Thief is still being sold, at least in Europe (probably just the UK, which is where I imported it from), in a collection called "Thief the complete collection" (which came with the Gold version of Thief 1, which was why I bought it), and from what I can tell, that one is already tweaked and ready.
But Thief runs fine if you just set the processor affinity to a single core, and install the right video codec.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch