View Single Post

January 26th, 2012, 18:16
Translation is not easy as it seems, especially in RPGs where there're lots of dialogue, journal, book, etc texts to be translate. I can say that as the Turkish localization team leader of The Witcher 2, Dragon Age Origins and the sole translator of Risen. I appreciate their (or his mostly) endeavour about still try to release the English version. Actually I had given up hope about it, but there's still light at the end of tunnel it seems. I'm going to buy the game if they will ever release it. If I were them, I would sell the game on gog and steam with a 10 $ price tag. There're lot's of CRPG fans in gog who can buy the game just for the old school look of the game.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The game is basically abadonware. I have heard nothing but excuses for over two years for just translating the game. Just get your money back if you preordered it years ago.

I'm having flashbacks of the goldenland games that took forever to translate and were canceled.
In 2009 I tried to translate Goldenland from Spanish to English with hex editor and a Spanish-English online translator (because I don't know anything about Spanish ) Actually at some point of the translation, I understood why they had abandoned the English version. Because it was a terrible game by any standard.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch