View Single Post

January 26th, 2012, 23:26
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I've yet to see any of those things confirmed by the developers.
All of the above has been confirmed by the developers with the exception of the unconscious vs. dead part. As far as I remember I got that one from the WoR forums where I have read about it several times but I'm not sure about the original source. I hope it's not true.
Everything else has been revealed or confirmed either by Deep Silver or PB.
Also, don't forget that the game was actually playable at the GC last year so some of that info is first hand from users, too.
My above quoted list is far from comprehensive though. There are even more changes that could be interpreted as negatives like the fact that there'll be only two factions instead of PB's usual three.
But then there's also positive changes, of course like e.g. the equipment system because instead of a single suit of armor there will be individual pieces in Risen 2 so there'll be more micro-management and generally more depth in that area.

Anyway, there are definitely quite a lot of changes that have made the original core community of the Gothics somewhat anxious about the direction of Risen 2. The so called "AKCP" (ass-conservative community party) has not been formed without a reason .

Personally, I don't mind the purported changes all that much. Seems like there's going to be a mix of give and take with hopefully more 'give' in the end…

Moriendor

Spielkind