View Single Post

January 31st, 2012, 15:19
KOAR just feels eclectic to me. 'Nuff said.
I can find *so* many influences from other gmes in the demo - and, okay, I found the "war of an immortal race against mortals" interesting, but still… "The Summer Court" and "The Winter Court" smells too much like Shakespeare's "A Summer Night's Dream" to me … I fully expect to meet a Fae called "Oberon" within the game …

And the term of "Fae" … I don't know where this comes fro, but I personally know it from the TDE Elves - "internally" they call themselves "Fey". The word "Fae" seems to be a kind of generic term for Elves.

Gnomes - yes, that was the only thing that's new to me. I knew Gnomes only from articles and screenshots about wow. But not from any C-RPG.
Not even Fable seems to have them.
(And Zanzara is a different story in itself.)

My far worst point, however, was how close the camera was to the body. I could almost count the hair on the back.

To infuse a positive pojnt here . I really love the environments. I really do. I love this "bright & shiny" setting, the buildings, the ruins - everything.
It should imho look a bit more realistic, though.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR