View Single Post

February 1st, 2012, 04:49
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
I like this. I like this a lot. They're finally rewarding those of us who pre-order. We pay the original price (normally about 40 bucks) for our day one purchases and yet someone who bought the game in the bargain bin got exactly the same content.
They shouldn't be rewarding people simply for having blind faith, and they shouldn't "punish" people who are wise enough to wait for a game to actually come out and analyze whether or not the game is actually worth buying it at full price - previews and past reputation alone are hardly enough to go by in making an informed decision (Gothic 3 at the time of release, anyone? Dragon Age 2?). Why not "reward" anybody who buys the game period, ala CdProject Red, or maybe "reward" anyone who purchases the game new at any point instead of used? Seems like a much better way to garner goodwill and offer a fair incentive to encourage the purchase of a game than holding interesting content hostage unless one is willing to take a big risk in blindly buying a game before anything tangible is known about the game's quality.

People like me who are likely to purchase Risen 2 in the crucial first week shouldn't feel "locked out" of content simply for wanting to know if the game is truly good or not. By holding content out in this manner, I feel "encouraged" to instead wait for a complete or "GoTY" edition at a discount price instead of buying it immediately without the complete game. This isn't a simple "costume" DLC that I would never want in the first place; this is an interesting quest line that has ties to one of the better side-quests of Risen 1 and should be a part of the full game.

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch