View Single Post

February 5th, 2012, 08:12
Yep, the black album was their last gasp imo, it also started to show their turn to more mainstream audiences for me (despite liking it quite a bit)…

Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
Seeing Moonspell or Paradise Lost mentioned always reminds me of Tiamat and The Gathering (and vice versa), somehow all four fall into the same ballpark for me, even though they all have quite distinct sound…
No coincidence there, I practically grew up with the ensemble: Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Tiamat, My dying Bride,Anathema,The Gathering,3rd and The Mortal and to a lesser extent Theatre of Tragedy (they lost it a bit soon). All almost equally important to me. Never stopped listening to their stuff (have the discogs of the first 6)…

In trying mostly to post things that goths would like I guess I should have posted Tiamat's Brighter than the sun But I was trying (and failing ) not to clog the thread myself..

Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
Probably redundant, but since thereīs a slight chance you havenīt listened to these, I canīt resist the urge recommending Still Life and Blackwater Park because thatīs Opeth at their best in my ears.
I have everything from Opeth There are days at work that I just put a huge playlist with all their albums on shuffle and listen through it until it stops… Their best is between Blackwater Park and Watershed for me but I gravitate towards the later these days. I also love their raw candlelight years though, despite the elements that really make this excellent band stand out, being still at an embryonic stage…

How do you feel about their latest btw?

Foetus is new to me (you said Waits so I had to click ), interesting…
Last edited by JonNik; February 6th, 2012 at 09:12. Reason: How coud I ef'ing forget Anathema :-/

JonNik

SasqWatch