Thread: Android phones
View Single Post

February 6th, 2012, 22:10
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
[Just noticed that JDR just noticed the S2 isn't available on VZW]
I don't like the plasticky feel of Samsung stuff in general - and while their build quality is much better with the S2 and to an extent the Nexus (S2 is better build than Nexus … also better performing) … coming from a 'built like tank' Droid you WILL be disappointed with *anything* from Samsung in terms of Build.
I don't think the Galaxy S2 feels cheap at all - at least not the T-Mobile version I have, not sure about the others though. The rear cover is a textured, rubbery feeling plastic so that helps, and it's got a very solid Gorilla Glass front that has been highly scratch resistant. And while light and very slim, it still has some heft to it. There's some Youtube video you can find where they drop both a GS2 and an Iphone… not pretty… for the Iphone!

I really love the S2, after having had a Blackberry for the last few years I was reluctant to make such a radical switch but I'm happy I did. The S2/Android is easy to use, has a lot of useful features, a gorgeous 4.5" inch screen, is pretty powerful, has ample storage space and have not had any issues with it whatsoever.

And Amazon has a Free Android App Of The Day, everyday. For the most part, the apps on offer (90% of which are games) aren't that great, but every once in a while there's something pretty good available. I've gotten Jelly Defense, Flick Golf!, Dabble HD and 3D Mini Golf and a few others all free and all worth their regular prices from what I've played (Jelly Defense is awesome).

Battery life seems ok - nowhere as nice as my BB but I guess about average for 4G on this type of phone. Battery life extended quite noticeably if you're on wifi and there was an update in the last month that allows free calls on wi-fi, though not sure if Verizon offers this.

Oblivion cares about YOU!

Relayer

Keeper of the Watch