Thread: Android phones
View Single Post

February 7th, 2012, 05:57
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
I have no doubt that most Android phones at the top of the pack will please a n00b like me, but my budget won't stretch that far.
Anyone have an opinion/recommendation on phones more around the middle of the pack? e.g. Sony Xperia/Ericsson Live with Walkman or Sony Xperia Active price level.
Are you looking to buy a no-contract unlocked phone? And are you tied to a particular carrier or renewing a contract?

If doing a contract is an option you could easily get a high-end phone for free or pretty cheap if you pick phones that are a few months behind the cutting edge. That's what I did to get my original Droid - it was totally free because it had been out for a few months and was deeply discounted with a 2-year contract. I got it through Wirefly - which always has good deals. Amazon is also worth a look for discounts.

On Wirefly right now the Droid Razr is $99, Samsung Galaxy S2 (on Sprint) is $79, and a Droid 3 is Free.

If a contract isn't an option then I'm not sure what to suggest as I haven't been looking into the mid-range much.

Myrkrel

Sentinel