View Single Post

February 10th, 2012, 17:02
Originally Posted by Vii Zafira View Post
Manrico: Mal reggendo all'aspro assalto, ei già tocco il suolo avea: Balenava il colpo in alto che trafiggerlo dovea… Quando arresta un moto arcano, nel discender, questa mano… Le mie fibre acuto gelo fa repente abbrividir! Mentre un grido vien dal cielo, che mi dice: Non ferir!

Manrico: Badly bearing the harsh assault, he had already touch the ground: Flashed, raised, the strike that would pierce him… When a mysterious movement stops the descent of this hand… My every fibre to a sharp cold suddenly shivers! While a scream comes from heaven, telling me: Don't strike!
It seems that Manrico was faced with a Biowarian choice during the duel.

Originally Posted by Il Trovatore, Bioware "RPG"
Your mortal enemy, Conte de Luna, has been subdued and is lying helpless at your mercy.
1. Strike him down.
2. Show mercy
You attempt to strike down the Count. As your sword descends, a force from heaven (or better yet heavan) takes control of your body, rendering you unable to strike. You "choose" to show mercy.

Originally Posted by Vii Zafira
At least the erotic ones are kind of realistic. I mean, an agent of corruption needs people to, you know, open to them before the corrupting can begin, and that's far easier when you are young, hot, and pretty than when you are a crone with bad smell and an awful skin.
So, a crone needs to have a winning personality and superb cooking skills.

But then artistic depictions usually can't be expected to know the difference between the witches that are actually followers of the left hand, the ones who are nice pagan girls worshipping the old gods and practicing kind magic, and the ones who are neither but just got falsely accused out of envy, revenge, or lust.
Or out of convenience (see The Name of the Rose, for example).

Back to Il Trovatore:

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable… I simply am not there.
Last edited by Patrick Bateman; February 10th, 2012 at 17:06. Reason: added the image

Patrick Bateman

Vice President