View Single Post

February 12th, 2012, 02:17
Originally Posted by ferahl View Post
Actually I resent this a little:

1. I recently moved house and bought a number of games for the first time in a long time because I had no internet - I could not play them because of fucking Steam forcing me to have a net connection before playing.
You couldn't steal games because you had no internet. So you bought games that required an internet connection??????

2. Before installing Steam a little before xmas I received about 1-2 BSODs a year for a decade+. Since installing Steam I have had about 50 BSODs, a blown up high-end PSU, and have spent about 500 buying new hardware not realising how appauling a piece of software could be written, and how dangerous a commercial and popular one could be (I am a software engineer).
It's good that your a software engineer, because you apparently don't know anything about hardware. Steam is not blowing up your psu. What does having 1-2 bsods\year for a decade have to do with anything? Unless you've had the same pc for that long, which could also explain your hardware problems.

So I do actually resent Steam just a little for causing be months of headache, money and shitness. I bought all these games legitimately and Steam has made it a horrible experience. I will now be forced to crack my own games since I have just uninstalled Steam as I don't want it to break my PC any more.
Face it, you don't like steam so you made up a bunch of bs. How about just say you don't like steam and leave it at that.

sakichop

SasqWatch