View Single Post

February 24th, 2012, 21:01
The easy mode in Driftmoon is of course intended for people who don't find the combat easy enough, there could be a million reasons for that - maybe you don't have working hands and need to control your mouse with your mouth, or maybe you play roleplaying games mainly for the adventure. But it doesn't make the game considerably faster to play though. I still recommend the normal setting for 70% of players out there, and the harder settings if you're an RPG veteran.

Fast forward button, I love that idea! But I guarantee if Driftmoon had such a button, you wouldn't need to use it, because we've crammed the game full of the good stuff that you really don't want to miss. But I'd love to see the fast forward button in some of the especially boring flying sims where you have to wait an hour in real time before you need to touch the controls again.

I almost forgot - we do have something of the like: quick travel. If you've already explored an area, you don't have to walk through it again. You can just use the quick travel locations marked on the minimap.

Actually I recall some version of Heroes of Might and Magic had a button to fast forward the combat scenes. I think that was a bit of a letdown, they should just have made the fights more interesting. At least that's what we've done, and I do believe we've succeeded quite well. As your character progresses, the combat sequences can get pretty strategic. If you haven't done so yet, you might want to try our long, free demo.

Traveler