Thread: Risen 2 BETA
View Single Post

February 26th, 2012, 14:57
Thanks for the feedback JDR, it does serve to put my mind somewhat at ease…

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
First of all, let me set your minds at ease regarding the music. It's good. Not Gothic good, but close enough. If I didn't know otherwise, I would have thought it was Kai Rosenkranz again. It fits the setting perfectly (imo) in the same way Kai's tracks did in Risen.
Great, that is exactly what I was hoping for!

I hope PB includes an option to lock the camera behind the player in the final version
+1 on that. They should really do that. I am guessing it would be a simple thing to implement and will save them from a lot of whining (mine included )

I played @1920x1200 with everything maxed except shadows. With those setting it ran smooth enough on my GeForce GTX 470. I wasn't blown away by the visuals, but the graphics have never been the most important thing to me in PB's games. I consider them only a minor upgrade over Risen, but that's fine with me.

If there was any significant pop-in, I didn't notice it.
Yeah, I was hoping that this was xbox footage or something. There really wasn't an issue like that with the Engine in #1… Graphics look perfectly acceptable in the videos imo…

Anyways… it's definitely a Day 1 purchase for me. Despite a few things I found annoying, the PB magic is still there.
Yeah, despite all my griping it seems that PB really need to put a bad game out there to go ahead and not buy it immediately I really do hope those damn minigames (around 3:15) are really well hidden in a strictly optional part of the game though

JonNik

SasqWatch