View Single Post

February 29th, 2012, 13:15
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I don't think he's talking about running dungeons to get cosmetic. Probably more about grinding titles like Vanquishing* or getting all 75k armors, but he forget that in each of the campaign you get to level 20 mid-way of the story and EOTN, War in Kryta and Wind of Change is all max level content. Oh and you can play all the campaign (well at least part of them) with the same character too. So you don't have to do all the grindy stuff if you don't want to unless you are trying to achieve 50 HoM.

*Vanquishing won't exist in GW2 though.

There was an option to say that you played GW1 and learned about GW2 from there, but I don't think GW1 players will have any advantage here. As for "luck getting picked", they need tens of thousands of players to test WvW and load tests the servers. So we have about 2-5% of chance of getting selected.
I pretty much agree with the above.

I don't want to derail this thread too much as this is about GW2 but my general point was PvE content in GW1 (and other MMOs) was very grindy. Its not grinding for gear but its grinding for something.

After you finished a campaign, what is there for PvE player to do?

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch