View Single Post

March 4th, 2012, 04:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Started playing Doom 3 yesterday. It'll be at least the third time I've played it but the first time in more than 5 years.

I wanted to see how the id Tech 4 engine held up after recently finishing Rage. I have to say I'm surprised how good Doom 3 still looks today. The character models are a little bland compared to more recent games, but the environments still look great with max settings. I'm also a little surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.
EVeryone was bagging on D3's "monster closets" at the time, but you know, the game scared the shit out of me several times, I thought the horror was good and it was a decent shooter. I was playing it at home, alone, at like 1 am w/ the sound turned up - that game was scary, especially w/ the flashlight-or-gun gimmick, I was dreading every corner!

Then I played in the middle of the day w/ sun glare on the screen and someone else hanging out in the same room, and it's a whole different thing. Not so scary, so it depends. I still think it's a great shooter tho

Right now I'm playing Minecraft again, loving it. Almost dying, on the edge of my seat a lot. It sure seems like they bumped up the enemy respawn/encounter rate of the game. I'll be cruising around underground exploring and something will be waiting for me in the tunnel on the way back. I'll be chillin making ingots or something at one of my little way stations and suddenly I have skeletons shooting at me. Suddenly a creeper pops down on me from above and BAM I'm sitting in a crater w/ one heart left. It's a bit more challenging then i remember it. It's all good tho, I'm having fun. About to head topside and see if I cant get a wolf companion and see what that's all about.

Havent died w/ this character. Yet….

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom