View Single Post

March 6th, 2012, 11:25
Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
I sincerely doubt we will see much improvement in the graphics department (although I think Patty looked a lot better than her #1 incarnation)
It's not like Risen was a masterpiece in terms of modelling and detail, but I think she looked better in the first game. There's something very wrong with her face and how she animates in Risen 2. It's been a while since I played Risen - but I'm hoping my memory isn't that bad.

P.S FPS generally stayed above 45 for me with shadows turned down from Ultra to high btw and I would overall say that the graphics are generally marginally improved in comparison to #1 but the DoF and wonky LoD may bring them down a notch to your eyes ?
Well, it was playable for me too - but given the visuals, I found the performance very underwhelming. Yes, the extremely strange "foilage transitions" hurt the visuals a lot. I also found the first island DoF effects overdone and the overall visual aesthetic slightly clunky and awkward.

But, I might not have given it a proper chance. I just wanted to check it out - and I explored the second island for an hour or two. I'd rather just play these games in their full glory - but after all the beta talk, I couldn't help but sneak a peek. Mostly because I wanted to know if it was really as bad as some people made it sound.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential