Thread: Pricewatch!
View Single Post

March 6th, 2012, 17:37
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
@Gorath : Well, that might be. But German pen & paper RPG players are very conservative - or that's how I see it.

And personally - I really tend to see "steamed" games more and more as "online games".
To both points: Would you rather have no games at all?

According to Daedalic they will go bankrupt if they can't do business internationally (without being cheated).

If that's true they can't be considerate of luddites. You can't build a growing business on a shrinking user base. You have to go where the potential user base is. If this means leaving the most conservative customers behind, then I guess Daedalic will find the right way to say "Fuck off, and don't let the door hit you on the way out!".

"Online games" is nonsense. Maybe you should rather try it with a cheap game while on sale instead of reading tea leaves all the time. Just buy a 10 game with the typical Steam disclaimer at your local store. Then type in the Serial number and download the current version, in the language of your choice, from Steam. No need to enter any personal data. Then start the game once, switch offline mode on and enjoy all the advantages Steam has.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team