View Single Post

March 7th, 2012, 18:38
Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
I think the general idea is strong, but the actual execution (in my opinion) is very poor - it's simply far too easy to get the "best" ending. The results of the final mission are not at all representative of any choices, but the result of how much content the player is willing to complete (any completionist-type players will automatically get the "best" ending).

Rather than giving the player difficult choices that have various repercussions, the player is given a black and white "checklist" - did I upgrade the ship, or for some inexplicable reason, ignore it? Did I complete the loyalty missions for all the companions? Do I have a basic grasp of common sense for selecting which crew members should do each task based on their class?
While the choices were not difficult, they were still there. I know of a few people who lost crew members because they picked the wrong NPC for the task. The only better way to handle this would be to make the player lead each of the task groups himself, with the assigned NPC under his control.

Turjan

Sentinel