View Single Post

March 8th, 2012, 11:55
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Long cutscenes are fine by me. Heck, I did fine with 30 minute cutscenes in Xenosaga, 10 ain't nuthin'! But no pause and no skip?? That's really strange.
Ha! Your memory deceives you! I played Xenosaga again a little while ago to about half-way through (I should finish it some day ) and I'm pretty sure there are 45-minute cut-scenes. Also fine by me!

I'm completely baffled by the question why developers make cut-scenes unskippable. It's like they deliberately sabotage their own game to be more frustrating. Seeing a cut-scene once or twice is enough for me in most cases. And no pause? Really? Sometimes there are technical reasons for these, but they should be overcome. I just don't understand why anyone would do such a thing to their game.

Originally Posted by human_male View Post
Oh they've fleshed out the Citadel, that's good news to me. I was heartbroken at what they'd done to it in ME2. And like that reviewer I'd love to see a spinoff set there.
I agree completely and very good news, indeed!! I still remember when I wandered around the Citadel in the first Mass Effect game… That was definitely its strong point.

Thaurin

SasqWatch