Thread: New iPad
View Single Post

March 8th, 2012, 12:06
Not surprisingly I am getting one, and decided to do the 4G/LTE edition this time.

The reason is simple - I use my iPad literally HOURS every day, and not just as some sort of toy. It works quite well as a 80% laptop replacement, gaming system, music production tool, blogging interface, portable note-taker, skype solution, messaging station and so on. And it does it more efficiently than my smartphone or laptop … and with 10 hour+ battery life.

When I bought the first one I used it a fair amount, but it has really been in the last year that it has become an absolutely essential part of my life. About 6 months ago I stopped using my LiveScrive Echo pen/notebook system, and haven't missed that crutch since.

My iPad 1 got handed down to my kids, particularly my younger son who uses it as a music production system (totally impossible with Android), and my current one will also get shared with the family.

One cool thing with the data plan is that unlike my smartphone, the data plan is 'non-contract'. Which is just plain awesome.

These devices are clearly a luxury, but for me this completely removes the need for a netbook or so-called UltraBook (Macbook Air clones).

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch