View Single Post

March 9th, 2012, 12:57
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
Pfft, 22 Cans, whatever.
I assume there is word-play included.

22 cans.

22 people, maybe.

What does the term "it is canned" mean ? Usually it is either stored somewhere or simply thron away.

"22 Cans" could therefore mean : these are people Microsoft didn't want. Maybe they are too creative, too much old school or have protested against certain … roadmaps in Microsoft gaming, maybe (I'm purely speculating here).

But names express often more than is visible on the first glance …

The conspiracy theorist in my just stumbled on an expression : "canned lion huning". The source links to this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canned_hunt

This Wikipedia article on a "canned hunt" says this :

A canned hunt is essentially a trophy hunt in which the animal is kept in a more confined area, such as in a fenced-in area, increasing the likelihood of the hunter obtaining a kill. According to one dictionary, a canned hunt is a "hunt for animals that have been raised on game ranches until they are mature enough to be killed for trophy collections."[1]
And the former company's name was "Lionhead" … Ein Schelm, wer Bφses dabei denkt … (dict.leo.org translated this German proverb as : "Honi soit qui mal y pense. ") …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR