View Single Post

March 15th, 2012, 02:19
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Nerevarine, I agree with everything you said except the part about Thief 2&3 being much better than Thief 1. Granted, I never played all the way through it, but I didn't think Thief 3 was nearly as good as the first two games. Especially for its time.
Yeah, I knew that wouldn't be a unanimous feeling amongst Thief fans, and i realize I am in the minority regarding Thief 3 . Most Thief fans didn't like 3 as much as the first two games, but for some reason it really clicked with me despite some of the valid complaints that fans had about it. I loved the atmosphere of the city and exploring the various zones, the controls felt a bit tighter and more comfortable (could be just a personal preference), and a few other little touches made me really enjoy Thief 3. It sure was idiotic to remove the rope arrows though, and the need to buy most of your equipment wasn't exactly…"Thief-like" . Along with other various issues, I can understand why the originals are often considered better than Deadly Shadows, but I enjoyed 2+3 about the same and more overall than the first Thief.

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch