View Single Post

March 17th, 2012, 16:19
Originally Posted by you View Post
Has anyone played back in action? If so any comments if the patched game is significantly better than the original release (i.e, has the game evolved into something worth looking at for someone who has never played the series ?)
The game doesn't have to evolve into something worth looking at. It was it since release. I've played for 75 hours so far, and at least the first 60 were very enjoyable. Then I've had enough of the micromanagement and decided to wait for the first big patch.

The patch should remove ca. half of the little annoying details. So yes, it's a big step forward, under the assumption that it works correctly, because the core - the Plan & Go combat - works fine.

The negative reviews are totally wrong. JA:BiA is not a bad game. Not even close. I can understand if somebody says that it's a bit too simple now because it's almost purely tactics now. But the tactics part is fun and the game works.

It's an advantage if you haven't played the series yet. 90% of the complaining is from people who played JA 2 and criticize every change. The new game has been simplified, probably too much. Now it's a good squad tactics game with some RPG elements. Certainly no masterpiece, but really quite decent.
Last edited by Gorath; March 17th, 2012 at 16:37.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team