View Single Post

March 21st, 2012, 09:51
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I've never had any problems with my Galaxy S2, and haven't encountered any issues with the antenna or signal strength. Of course there will always be exceptions, like being in an area with poor coverage, but that's going to happen with any phone.
Oh believe me I understand that (if you have seen how many phones have come through my hands, mostly for review), but having a phone give such poor data performance that you return it for new one and find the same thing? That was shocking to me. And since I had 3 devices from the same carrier at once to test - acknowledging that low signal (and 'digital roaming') were issues - it clearly IS this hardware version.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
There are at least five different variants of the S2 though, and they're not all built the same or have the same features.
Which is, to me, one of those wonderful customer-hostile Android things. If a friend tells me he loves the Galaxy S2and my carrier is now getting it - at best I should get the identical phone. At worst the case styling should be slightly altered. Anything beyond that is essentially bait and switch … sort of like how I got something that has a huge screen but is clearly inferior in some ways to 'other' S2 versions.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch