View Single Post

March 21st, 2012, 18:42
Originally Posted by RPGFool View Post
Indeed most interesting. Looks to me like BW got caught off guard by fan reaction… again… At least this time they decided to do something to give themselves time to do something…

And on a related note, Forbes takes a look at the possibility of a ME3 Indoctrination ending in Did the Real Mass Effect 3 Ending Go Over Everyone's Heads?. The author sees negative ramifications for fans and future games if the ending is designed to sell future dlc (ala Couchpotato and Alrik Fassbauer) and comments on Muzyka's post.

__
Very interesting … but then this whole blow up is rather fascinating in many ways. Just read a lot of the threads linked in this thread (and need to get back to work).

I don't really care all that much. I prefer any game with multiple endings to have a variety of flavors from dark/sad to happy/light but as long as there is some logic to them I can deal with them.

The common problem I see in *this* thread is a misconception however. For many it is not about a "happy" ending but more about closure. The endings are sloppy and rushed and don't really resolve much … or at least that appears to be the most common complaint if you really start reading up on what is going on.

For myself I was fine. I know my ending and personally will just go with the indoctrination theory whether it is official or not … because it works, makes sense and fits into the game well enough that it is totally plausible.

In that regard some vagueness to endings can help the player, who is good at RPing to fill in the missing stuff, while still making sense within the context of the game (i.e. if you are going to create your own ending it will be more "real" if it doesnt' clearly go against anything presented in the game).

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch