View Single Post

March 22nd, 2012, 18:37
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
You can already do this. People have done it for a long time. It just has never had any long or wide spread affect. One of the main reasons is a point that you already mentioned: human nature. Human nature isn't going to change just do to eduction.

And for this new society to surpass the current society it would have to produce something that is more attractive to the members of the current society, whether that be quality of life, economic production or whatever. So far, that has never happened and I don't think it is going to any time soon.

One of the fundamental problems you face is the same that communism faced (and ultimately caused its inefficiencies and eventual downfall), again human nature. Any system can be taken advantage of, and there will always be someone that tries to do so. The more regulations you put in place to prevent that (whether these be economic or behavioral), the more inefficient the system becomes, and the abuse actually becomes able due to people grabbing onto the power those regulations allow.
It's simply a world with a minimum of crime and material needs. People who want to live there would be welcome, and people who'd prefer to "outproduce" each other can live in our current world.

It wouldn't "surpass" the current society as an objective. It's just something that will inevitably be the result.

The problem with communism wasn't so much the system as it was the fact that human beings were in charge of the system. That's my point. My "system" is one of absolutely minimal regulation - and it will shrink into basically no regulation - as human beings get to exist in a state where regulation is no longer required to prevent large scale harm. Technology will be the primary regulator.

But it's too big a subject for this thread - and I haven't the stamina to go in-depth about something so inherently complex on a public forum. Especially not with people who think they can make up their minds about something so involved, because they're presented with a three paragraph statement about it.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential