View Single Post

March 22nd, 2012, 21:17
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
You watch too much science fiction.
Sadly I don't. You were the one talking about putting technology in us.

I said DIRECTLY affect others negatively. Also, I can't prevent people from insulting each other and I can't cure jealousy or heartache.

What my system CAN do, is ensure that everyone has basic needs met, a secure environment, and a reasonable level of comfort - as well as the freedom to pursue any endeavor that surplus resources allow.

If you look around, you'll find that the vast majority of misery in this world stems from the lack of the things my system can provide. No, I'm not talking about people like us who're reasonably well off - and who've learned to function well in society - being slaves to societal norms so we can spend most of our life doing something we don't particularly enjoy and then "be proud" of our contribution as 90% of the resources end up with 1% of the population.
I fail to see how your system is going to solve a number of issues that prevent people from getting basic needs. For instance, how is your system going to solve the infrastructure issue in Africa that is a large part of the reason so many die of AIDS there?

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist