View Single Post

March 23rd, 2012, 17:22
A few guild names I've found in MyDDO (I've replaced both "Renown" & "Members" with one another to make the numbers more clear) :

Code:
Name			Level	 	Members		Renown 		
Because I can 		1		1		0
zoes my name 		1		1		20
The Electric Amish 	2		1		685
Badonkadonk 		4		1		3213
I hate this guild name 	4		1		5173
Soko Irrlicht		73		121		20083884
"Soko Irrlicht" is insofar interesting in that it is in German language (although *not* on Wayfinder !) and the term "Soko" is an abbreviation of "Sonderkommission" and means more or less (rather more) "special investigations group" in police departments. A Soko is usually founded within a police department to go after very special commited crimes, like a heist or a murder, for example.
And "Irrlicht" means nothing but "ghost light", from the verb "verirren" which means "to go astray". An Irrlicht is a light which people mistake as a light shining home, and then they go astray and might end up in a fen or a moor.

(Uh, only now I understand why there are so many "whisps" in the Red Fens … I didn't know that "will-o'-wisp is just another possible translation for "Irrlicht" …)

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; March 23rd, 2012 at 17:35.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR