View Single Post

March 26th, 2012, 10:37
I want to like it but I can't. I mean, this is Lionheart all over again.
I used to think Lionheart would be a better game with turn based system, this doesn't turn out to be the case.

I understand lethality is important to establish but at times, I just felt exchanging 20 attacks between two combatants is a bit much. They're still standing after that, too. Seeing numbers like 2-3 dmg and DR absorb 5 every round with 50% chance of hit & miss kinda kills the enthusiasm. I thought maybe I should go for aimed attacks - nope the % is too low. Why bother?

Then going through skill checks after skill checks that force the player to SAVE game before investing skill points else he'll meet a dead end somewhere along the game.

There are some positives, but damn, it's overwhelmingly obvious that some fun is missing here. Personally, I won't buy this game after this demo. Too much 'powergaming' for my tastes. Either that, or I must know how the 'GM' mind works else I'll face a dead end.

Skill checks were too binary when varying degree of success or failure would've done the job better instead.

Time to look elsewhere.

rk47

Ma..majestic!