View Single Post

March 26th, 2012, 18:58
Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
Edit2: I have to point out though that this will probably be a very short game if one takes the non-combat route, or at least that is the impression I got. I am never too thrilled for very short games but this one's strength seems to be in replaying to try out all the different approaches and CnC and I' am all for replays
That transition to extremely short games where even the 20 or so hours you do invest in them is mostly spent on experimenting with "choices" and the assumption that players should replay games numerous times is one of the things that killed my enjoyment of RPGs. It's an unfortunate choice indeed for people who have enthusiastically and unapologetically decided to to go retro have also decided to implement one of the worst of the "new" ideas. Especially after a 10 year or whatever wait to get the game out the door. The only games I've actually *enjoyed* playing through numerous times were titles like Jagged Alliance (I enjoyed the combat THAT much) and Total War (completely different game every time, even if you play the same faction again).

CraigCWB

Sentinel