View Single Post

March 31st, 2012, 20:14
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Geez, you just proved my point: "There is no C&C - as long as you complete all quests". Getting the bonus isn't forced on you. You ask for choices, they are there. You can make the choice of having a low EMS (lots of people did in fact). Ignoring their existence because you want what you believe is the best ending doesn't mean they don't exist.

As for the other thing, forcing a certain X to be available to get a specific ending would be similar to BioWare only allowing Paragon to finish the game…
Yeah, that makes Oblivion the greatest game for C&C ever made. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Turning down a side quest has never been, nor will it ever be, proper C&C. Being able to turn down a side quest is the very definition of a side quest - it's an optional quest. Proper C&C means you can play a role during a quest or story, and choose the outcome by playing that role.

The Geth and Genophage questlines are excellent examples, as both offer great C&C where you get to affect the quest during the execution of the quest. The ending, however, does not show the consequences of those actions. Whether you're Paragon or Renegade means absolutely nothing.

It doesn't make much sense for story arcs like the Geth and the Genophage to be superior to the main quest, but that's the reality of the situation. They are far superior to the whole Reaper thing, especially when it comes to C&C.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander