View Single Post

April 4th, 2012, 00:39
Originally Posted by holeraw View Post
Indeed. It felt more like math homework than a game to me. Like there was a lot of care and attention taken to remove every bit of fun out of it.

I still hope I will change my mind, a year is plenty of time, but for the time being preordering is out of the question.
It is funny how opinions differ so drastically. It boggles my mind how people can tolerate games that have endless, easy, filler combat. To me, those games feel like a great amount of effort went into taking all the fun out. AoD feels like a game which put all the attention into just the fun parts. Walking from A to B isnít fun. Finding endless amounts of barrels and chests filled with a few coins, gear, health potions, and other nonsense as some sort of fun exploration is about as much fun as pulling weeds out of my lawn for five hours. Endless, repetitive, and mind-numbingly boring exploration and combat is appealing to me as a weekend vacation to a hotel where I get to type, ďAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy,Ē over and over and over again.

I like challenging combat. I like not wasting the little play time I get walking from A to B. I like games that are only filled with meaningful content without repetitive filler. I like this because I am the exact opposite of a masochist.

Unrestigered

Watchdog