View Single Post

April 5th, 2012, 08:49
Originally Posted by rossrjensen View Post
I like a good adventure game, but for the life of me I can't figure out how Double Fine was able to get over twice as many contributors than Wasteland 2 has so far. Was it just because it was the first project? Or did the documentary side really excite people that much?
This kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode where mr Burns demands to know Homer's name after catching him red-handed spray painting a huge graffiti reading "My name is Homer Simpson" on the wall of his office in a final desperate attempt to force his boss finally learn his name.
The amount of DFA backers should hint that there simply are more people that like adventure games than old school RPGs. This does not surprise me at all. Adventure game fans are a lot less vocal than any other and almost universally ignored. I assume one reason that made many, if not most, of the DFA backers to support that project was that they wanted to make their presence known. In any case I find it hard to believe that a genre that produces on average one commercial game every week is anything but popular.

"I am not interested in good; I am interested in new, even if this includes the possibility of it's being evil"
(LaMonte Young, 1962)

holeraw

V.G.A.