View Single Post

April 10th, 2012, 04:21
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I think it all comes back to same issue: sales/numbers. 3D graphic is a BIG thing in game market now days, so I don't think 2D pixelated Infinity Engine will appeal to general public/newer generation gamers. Also, probably will be available in PC only, ignoring other console platforms. (Unless, you meant no one picked up IE back in 2000-2003).

Anyway, back to DA series. What I really hated about DA2 was that DA1 and DA2 seem completely different game. Different engine, graphics, protagonist, area… just didn't feel that DA2 is sequel to DA:O. Also, like elikal mentioned previously, Hawke/protagonist's role was not important at all.
Yes I meant no one picked up IE back in 2000-2003, Almost 10 years and nothing was done with it. Bioware made the aurora engine and a few others that are now discontinued also.

Seems its all about voice overs/cut scenes/ and hi def graphics. Along with the usual excuses why its not feasible.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team