View Single Post

April 12th, 2012, 23:58
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well if this is the bigger dlc that was mentioned they can keep it.
This is a free feature update and doesn't seem to be their idea of "bigger DLC" for-pay expansions any more than the extra kill cams or the creation kit were meant to be seen as such. The official post and official responses in the comment thread seem to indicate either DLC or more free content is being announced later this month. It also sounds like this may possibly (not sure) count for one of their two required initially-xbox-exclusive features/dlc though in which case only one DLC/content update will actually be delayed cross-platform. If that's the case that would partly explain why this is being given decent fanfare on their part. But yeah it doesn't sound like that's what they're saying and that this is just a minor free content patch.

Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Suddenly the vanilla UI makes a lot of sense now…

I don't have Kinect and this doesn't excite me all that much. However, using voice commands to perform UI functions is pretty nice since the graphical UI is so poor.
Kinnect support was something they toyed with internally for one of their internal jam sessions around/just after launch rather than planned from the start. Would be nice if some of the shortcuts/features being added with the kinect update were accessible without the kinect (don't remember if you can sort by weight and value in the vanilla UI since I haven't used the vanilla one in quite a while). Not sure if they will or won't be though - but would be nice if you could map some of them to controller buttons perhaps in context specific cases.
Last edited by jhwisner; April 13th, 2012 at 00:17.

jhwisner

Keeper of the Watch