View Single Post

April 14th, 2012, 01:52
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
Oh come on. I like most of your points - they pretty much sum up why their Kickstarter campaign is not winning the day but this last point is a bit much.

I don't expect to get no new experiences from Legend of Grimrock but I was with that game from the beginning. The designers of Wastland 2 readily admit they are going for old school type of gaming with some updated stuff. And actually a lot of us fans of Might and Magic RPG hope they would just pick up where they left off even it it is 10 year old game tech.

All a new game has to promise for me is that I have fun. If T.H. would have been closer to their funding goal I would have probably kicked in more money. Because to me the game looks like it could be fun.
I think that this question is indeed very important. People do not sell existing games through Kickstarter. They ask for donations for games that do not yet exist.

So why should we take the risk if we could buy existing games that offer similar experiences? This question would have more relevance for those that wish to donate more than just the cost of a newly bought game. I bet that they would be more successful if they would state clearly why their game is different from the rest.

Legend of Grimrock is a good example. It offers an experience close to that of older classics like Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master and current modern games simply offer different experiences. So LoG offers a type of gameplay that will not be available anywhere else.

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel