View Single Post

April 22nd, 2012, 22:27
LOL : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=369961
The game thinks, hirelings are guild members ?
(Don't know if it is actually true, but it just sounds too funny )

Quoting myself from the DDO forums :

Aside from all this, I tried to kind of lead a group today. It came kind of unexpected. The Red Fens slayer group I was in didn't quite know what to do (or so it appeared to me), and one asked if not doing "Fathom The Depths". I really don't know if I was the only one who already knew this quest (I still have my doubts about it), but we wen in, and I tried to explain everything I knew. I couldn't give military way irections because I had done it only once so far.

And I must say, everything worked much better than I had hoped ! We had a few deaths, but apart from that it went much better than when I had done this quest before.

The best thing, however, was a lone ranger kiting the "Treasure Guard" all of his own ! No that was impressive ! - But it took a long, long time, too. Then another player joined, and I don't quite remember what he played But he managed to give the Treasure Guard a lot of damage, too !

In the end we had won. and the ranger finally picked up the soul stones of me (ranger, too) and the barbarian.

This is a special feeling : I feel kind of proud they managed to do it, like a group of people I had taught everything I knew.

I doubt, however, if I could do it again. But now I at least know that I can try it - at least when I'm needed. Because usually in PUG there is always someone ho already knows it better.
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; April 22nd, 2012 at 23:01.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR