View Single Post

April 23rd, 2012, 11:20
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
But it's exactly the point why they are doing it. they want to reach those who might be just outside of their target and want to convert them.
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I understand where you are coming from but I doubt the practicalities. Every major publication (and many small) send reporters to E3, from right across the world. If someone has any interest in games such that they read any gaming site/publication, they will see at least some E3 news.

How many small events do you need to achieve the same outcome? 2? 10? 100? What about internationally? Is Swen going to come to Australia? South Africa? Taiwan? If each fair takes three days (travel + fair), do you want Swen out of the office for the equivalent of a month (10 fairs)?
I understand your points of view.

But, however, if the target group are role playing folks, then they most likely won't have heard about the game becaue it just doesn't appear on role play conventions.

It's like the masses know it, but not the "potentially interested circles". Or only by chance. Because they just don't read gaming magazines or visit gaming news pages.

RPGWatch is visited by C-RPG players, yes, but only those who know the Watch.
Massive role playing sites like WOP http://forum.worldofplayers.de (they're hosting WOG) get their news from other sources. Okay, yes, they collect them from gaming sites as well, but their main focus are still role-playing related sites.

The only major problem is there that usually role play conventions are far more pen & paper oriented.

And there are even some fanatics believing that C-RPGs are not RPGs at all.

Originally Posted by Icefire View Post
Unions have long outgrown their usefulness.
Depends on the country. I think they are still useful here.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR