View Single Post

April 24th, 2012, 02:23
I'm not that much surprised …

I think I've found a slight nod towards Tolkien from within DDO : It's a bit difficult to describe … In one of the Necro1 quests you get the optional to ollect 4 lost tomes/books of Vol …

… And one of them has the title of some sort of "cat wizard" or so. At least that's how it is translated.

A cat wizard ? that could be either a character from the "Feline Fantasy" sub-genre, or - Sauron. Because in the very earliest versions of Tolkien's "Legendarium", Sauron was nothing but a massive, huge, evil-minded cat. It was nothing but a kind of gatekeeper for the early version of the big bad evil type, I've forgot his name. The one who had destroyed the Two Trees.

So - with thinking around the edges this way, this *might* be an easter egg of some sort - a nod towards the (early) works of Tolkien (upon which most parts of (A)D&D are based, anyway.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR