View Single Post

April 27th, 2012, 11:46
What does the term "CC" mean here ?

I did a small tour with JM yesterday using skype (sorry, Peter, that I ignored you, it was so much occupied in trying to get everything into work, maybe later) and I explained her Smuggler's Rest (the actual entry to Crystal Cve) a bit. Was fun. Although my char died 3-4 times.

This area is insofar much different in that

- there is no soul stone
- there is no explicite "release" button - only in a dialog box that pops up every now an then
- gear doesn't get damaged that much at all during deaths - in contrast to "normal" in-quest dying

The guilde I liked above explains everything very nicely. This is also a good occation to get a pirate hat.

A short summary of everything to expect :

- Get to "Smuggler's Rest" through talking a seafaring dwarf at the harbour
- once arrived, talk to Euphonia (what a name !!!) to get the needed information
- go out slaying pirates
- pirates won't attack you until you've attacked them !
- they drop Dubloons (I call them just "Coins") in Bronze, Silver, Gold variations
- they drop Treasure Map Pieces
- they *rarely* drop a Compass ! You are lucky when you that that one ! - Becaue
- you need a compass to get to Crystal Cove, that's required
- you can get only to Cryslat Cove when you have given the required amount of Treasure Map Pieces into he wooden "barter box" of Euphonia (she tells you in a dialog box how much she needs of them until she can "set sail")
- at Crystal Cove, you collect Crystals via the help of Kobold Workers much like in the crystal mining challenges of House Cannith
- the second barter box [which looks like some sort of hat, too] of Euphonia is there to "sell" you pirate hats and upgrades to them (and originally special invitations from a DDO birthday many years ago)
- the wooden barter box can "sell" you weapons & upgrades to them
- I heard that Crystal Cove is able to give you "epic" crafting things (?) - can't prove it (wasn't there yet).

By the way, it turned out that my headset sounds a bit "muffled" because it sounds very low in tone. Which means to me that I sometimes can't understand you on skype that good.

Edit : To quote Genesis : "All Change !" (From their "Supper's Ready") : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p…11&postcount=1
Reading : The Expansion (formerly called "XPack1") is ot called "Update 14",
and the formerly called "Update 14" is now called "Update 15".

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; April 27th, 2012 at 12:14.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR