Thread: Paper Mario
View Single Post

April 28th, 2012, 23:55
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I wish it would be there for the PC, I must admit.
You can always try an emulator, no?

Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
The one on the Wii is very different, it moves away from the JRPG-style combat of the previous games in the series, and instead plays more like a platformer. You can still level up, find items and so on, it just changed focus. I actually found its humor to work quite well, though I guess the otaku chameleon might hit a bit too close home for comfort, for some
I've never played the CG version though, it is really expensive, and as much as I enjoyed Paper Mario 64 & Super Paper Mario, I'm not willing to pay the price of a brand new game for one of those.
I bought the Gamecube version off Craigslist for $15. Not bad I guess. I am going to play that one last since I heard such good things about it. It seems that version is closer to the N64 version in terms of the RPG elements and battle system.

The Wii version is really interesting to me. It does away with the turn-based combat, but adds some more platforming elements to the mix. I'm actually very interested in seeing how that game plays. It sounds so unique. The N64 Paper Mario is mostly a traditional RPG, but I do enjoy the few platform-type elements in the game, such as smashing blocks and utilizing the environment in different ways. It will be neat to play a game similar to the N64 version but with heavier platforming.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team