View Single Post

April 30th, 2012, 14:44
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
However, I wouldn't take cunning above rank 8 (including a legendary item that boosts it by 1, so 7 as max), as you can get both thievery 3 and silver tongue 3 then, which adds a grand total of 30 points each, giving you 70 points total (40 from the 8 cunning, 30 from skills). Add an item or two and you'll pass 90 without problems. Use a potion of thievery in the few cases where 95 or 100 is needed (I think I bumped into two such situations).
If it's true you don't need thievery above 100, then I absolutely support this!

As said in a few previous posts, I've cleared so far only 3 locations which means I've returned to loot chests and open doors I couldn't previously and I've also killed respawns: Caldera, Takarigua and Sword Coast.
I haven't been anywhere else yet.

My cunning is 8 and my thieving (unlocked master thief) with inventory items is 90!
I'll provide a screenshot later.

Maylander stating we don't need thievery above 100 anywhere is a huge hint, thanks!

EDIT:
Arrgh, the legendary item I thought I have is not +1 cunning, it's actually another such item, Snuffbox, +10 thievery that I have…
So I've practically wasted too much of glory, nevermind when I replay with guns I'll stop cunning on 7. Also I went to Antigua, found another item and now my thievery is 100.
And a huuuuuuuuuge spoiler for Antigua, in case you have the monkey and are into muskets:
Spoiler
Last edited by joxer; April 30th, 2012 at 16:53.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor